Friday, October 18, 2013

Poetry by YP: "I can't feel"


Daggers in my mind,, I’m not as sharp as think
Cause I’m Medicating pain like my doctor was a drink
Dashing through my past as tears run down my cheek
Its only been a couple days but I’m still feeling week

I can’t explain what I’m feeling, I guess that’s what explains it
My heart looks like a burning building after a plane hit!!!
I keep claiming my baggage, that’s why I can’t carry on
How do I change my sour grapes into Don Pierreon

Feeling inadequate, Life I’m mad at it
How bad can a habit get when half of it is hacking it to your brain’s main frame to attack at it
by tracking it, constantly telling your conscious your lacking it
What is it? That’s the trip,
something that is inside of me slowly coming to the surface, but it's not a Zit

I know it's like pain, or maybe even more
I was rich in friends, but than true feelings always show that I am really poor
I tried to use my brain, but feelings make you brain into another storm
I keep thinking I’m a Wiz but I’m not in Kansas anymore


Constantly trying to manage my image and how I’m perceived
But I do that so much, now I don’t even know what I believe
Now all I do is Fall like I’m jumping into leaves
Stuck in this rat race, feels like I'm running on my knees

And I'm managing these girls just to manage my Woman
Is She jealous? or are there fish in the sea while I’m swimming
Love always looks good from my balcony, it welcomes me
But when I meet love on the street she seems to have it out for me


I guess my heart's been scarred and didn’t heal properly,
Now I’m feeling mediocrity and watch the Past Go like monopoly
And now I don’t know my true self cause my surface is a mockery
I feel like my feelings sneak into my brain like private property

Feeling not good enough , feeling weak as hell
But at least I’m displaying my emotions like its show and tell
I used to blow up and explode, I couldn’t handle Hell
Or listen to music while trying to get hammered without the nail

But these things are poison, they taint the man that’s pure
I need God’s healing hands, I don’t care for a man to cure 

I can’t express the stress that lives in the depths of my emotional tests
Some times my personal prayers sound like hypocritical guess
Just spelling my pain, always finding Me in the middle of Mess
I just want to quit and watch my peace get took like I’m losing in chess

Now I’m on standby, with emotions and red eyes, that’s just the Jet life
Thought doing nothing was insurance, but I’m learning how I’ve never really Met Life
How I put myself on a platter, now I’m fighting over every meal
This world will freeze you still, since when did goose bumps learn to kill?

I can't stop digging deeper using homicide drills
We don't need drugs, our own thoughts are suicide pills
So I did ya’ll a favor, I showed you my soul so you could finally see something real!!!
Now do Me a favor, and just teach me how to feel...


YP

No comments:

Post a Comment